Web hosting is the foundation upon which a website stands. Among the many options available for hosting a website, VPS Servers offer some of the most versatile hosting solutions. VPS (Virtual Private Server) is a virtualized private hosting space that hosts a single website at a time. It gets its own set of resources along with extra security of the private space. Also, VPS Hosting plans are among the most affordable ones, making it a sensible hosting choice. Here’s all that you should know about VPS Hosting.
What is VPS?
A Virtual Private Server is a virtual hosting space created on a physical server. One physical server can have multiple virtual servers. Each of these virtual servers gets its own set of server resources like memory, storage and CPU. For all intents and purposes, it functions like a Dedicated Server and hosts only one website at a time. A VPS with cPanel is a popular web hosting option. Let’s take a look at how it works.
How does VPS work?
VPS works on virtualization technology. It is a technology that enables multiple virtual partitions on a physical server. Each VPS is a private hosting environment that hosts one website. Unlike Shared Hosting where many websites share one server, here, many virtual servers reside on a single server. Each virtual server functions as a self-contained hosting space. VPS in India is used for many different types of websites.
Which websites need VPS Hosting?
VPS Hosting is fast, scalable and versatile. It offers high performance at very affordable prices. The low price makes it easily accessible to even new websites. Though it will work for any kind of website, it is especially suitable for high-traffic websites. Since it can scale its resources almost instantly, it can easily handle any unexpected surges in incoming traffic. It also takes care of privacy and offers better security with its virtual isolation. You can choose VPS Hosting if you want complete control over your hosting environment for security and customisation. It works well for websites which process payments online and need to comply with the PCI (Payment Compliance Industry) checks.
What are the advantages of VPS Hosting?
VPS offers many advantages over other forms of hosting. Here are some.
- It is very affordable.
- It can scale easily and handle heavy loads.
- It is fast and secure.
- It is fully customisable.
How to choose your VPS?
Though most VPS Hosting plans give consistent performance, here are some checkpoints to selecting your VPS.
- Check the hosting provider’s reliability. An unreliable hosting provider is bad for business, especially if your business is based online.
- Find out the kind of support they offer. Don’t settle for anything less than 24X7 live support, it may save you crucial time later.
- Compare prices before you buy. But do not make this the sole criteria for your choice. The cheapest may not always be the best.
- Look for a VPS provider that uses premium hardware and offers you full root access for complete control.
- Choose Managed VPS Hosting if you do not have the technical expertise to manage your hosting.
With these insights, you can now make a better choice for your website. Refer to the following video guide while selecting your hosting platform: